- Queer Library Alliance: Global Reflections and Imaginings with Lucas McKeever. Library Juice Press, forthcoming.
- “Library and Information Science Education and Social Justice: A Critical Mix.” Library Trends 64, no 2, 2015, pp. 444-457 .
- “Leading and Transforming LGBTQ Library Services,” at International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) World Library and Information Congress, Cape Town, August 18, 2015.
- “Preparing Next Generation School Librarians in Hawai‘i,” in Global Action on School Library Guidelines. Barbara Schultz-Jones and Dianne Oberg, eds. IFLA, 2015.
- Library Services to Incarcerated Youth: A Case Study,” with Jeanie Austin and Joe Coyle in Youth Community Informatics: New Media for Community and Personal Growth. Bertram C. Bruce, Ann P. Bishop, and Nama R. Budhathoki, eds. Peter Lang, 2014.
- “Advancing Cultural Competency in Library and Information Science,” at International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) World Library and Information Congress, Singapore, August 20, 2013.
- “Deweyan Humanism and Modern Pedagogy,” with Nathan Fredrickson at Humanistic Language and Literature Teaching Conference, Anna University, Chennai, India, February 17, 2011.
- “Service Learning from Three Perspectives: Administrative, Faculty, and Student,” with Martin Wolske and Beth Larkee in Service Learning: Linking Library Education and Practice. Loriene Roy, Kelly Jensen, and Alex Hershey Meyers, eds. American Library Association, 2009, pp. 32-46.
- “Theories and Models of and for Online Learning,” with Caroline Haythornthwaite, Richard Andrews, Michelle M. Kazmer, Bertram C. Bruce, and Christina Preston in First Monday 12, no 8, August 6, 2007.
- “Web-based Information Science Education (WISE): Collaboration to Explore and Expand Quality in LIS Online Education,” with Marina Pluzhenskaia in Journal of Education for Library and Information Science 48, no 1, 2007, pp. 36-51.
- “E-learning and Policy,” with Leigh S. Estabrook and Virgil Varvel in The Sage Handbook of E-Learning Research. Richard Andrews and Caroline Haythornthwaite, eds. London: SAGE, 2007, pp. 269-285.
Riding the Waves: A Case Study of Learners and Leaders in Library and Information Science Education. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2006.
Committee: Christine A. Jenkins (chair), Linda C. Smith (director of research), Ann P. Bishop and Bertram (Chip) Bruce.