sample recent presentations
- Teaching Online About How to Teach Online: The Design for Learning Program conversation starter with Arden Kirkland, Mary-Carol Lindbloom, and Loriene Roy at American Library Association Annual Conference, Orlando, FL, June 25, 2016.
- Keiki Need Diverse Books presentation with Alison Costanzo, Robb Dahlke, Kathy Helfrich, Vanessa Koseki, Caroline Lee, Christian Mosher, and Michael Nelson, at 18th Biennial Conference on Literature and Hawaii’s Children, Honolulu, June 11, 2016.
- Enriching Library and Information Science Education via Indigenous Perspectives poster at International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) General Conference, Cape Town, South Africa, August 17-18, 2015.
- Youth Centered Engagement @ Your Library poster with Joe Coyle at International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) General Conference, Lyon, France, August 18-19, 2014.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ) Community Engagement presentation with Lucas McKeever and Jhani Miller at World Pride Human Rights Conference, Toronto, Canada, June 26, 2014.
- Queer Library Alliance Goes to School with Thaddeus Andracki at American Association of School Librarians National Conference, Hartford, CT, November 15, 2013.
- iSchools Without Borders: Challenges and Opportunities from the Perspective of the University of Illinois with J. Stephen Downie at Workshop of Global Collaboration of iSchools hosted by Consortium of iSchools Asia Pacific, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, August 15, 2013.
- Challenges and Solutions to Building Diverse Library Collections panelist with Laura Arvelo, Nick Demske, and Adriana McCleer at Wisconsin Association of Public Libraries Conference, Lake Geneva, WI, May 2, 2013.
- Integrating LGBTQ People and Issues into Curriculum presentation with Bryan Lake at Rainbow Bookbag Conference, University of Illinois College of Education, Urbana, IL, April 26, 2013.
- Library and Information Science and Community Advocacy presentation with Karen Barton, Jessica English, and Lucas McKeever at Universidad del Turabo, Puerto Rico, March 21, 2013.
- Ask an Expert: Liar, Liar Pants on Fire – Honest Answers to All Your Ethical Dilemmas panel with Rabbi Rogerio Cukierman, C.K. Gunsalus, and Hellen McDonald for National Ethics Awareness Week sponsored by the National Center for Professional and Research Ethics, Urbana IL, October 11, 2012.
- What are YOU doing here? Non-ethnic minorities in the diversity movement panel with Dale McNeill, John Sandstrom, and Carla Stoffle at 2nd National Joint Conference Librarians of Color, Kansas City, MO, September 21, 2012.
- School to Prison Pipeline: Reflections from juvenile library work presentation with Jeanie Austin for La Unidad Latina, Champaign, IL, February 23, 2012.
- Extending ALISE’s Reach: Expanding Our Diversity Horizon moderator with André Brock, Clara Chu, and Sarah Park at Association for Library and Information Science Education Annual Conference, Dallas, TX, January 19, 2012.